Fergana is the largest industrial city in the Ferghana Valley. Until the 18th century Fergana was a village, but was founded as a town by the tsarist governor Skobelew under the name “Nowy Margelan”. The exhibitions of the local Museum of Natural History, which was established in 1896 as a department of the Russian Geographical Society, are considered to be the living history of the town. The city has gained worldwide fame thanks to its spas Schohimardon, Chimyon, Kizil-Tepe. There are no old architectural and historical monuments in the city, but without them the city is very picturesque and has its own unique townscape. The main attraction of the city are the numerous parks.
The suburbs of Fergana are also known for their extremely beautiful places. In the foothills of the Alay Mountains, buried in the green of gardens and vineyards, lies the village of Chimyon, known for its healing mineral springs, on the basis of which the balneological sanatorium “Chimyon” – the largest health resort in Central Asia – was opened.
Uzbekistan – Along the Silk Road
- 19.August 202316 spaces left
- 16.September 202316 spaces left
- 7.October 202316 spaces left
- 24.June 202312 spaces left
- 12.August 202312 spaces left
- 26.August 202312 spaces left
- 4.September 202312 spaces left
- 2.October 202312 spaces left
- 22.April 202412 spaces left